Congratulations on completing your degree becoming a part of the IBA's alumni network. The following process will help you streamline the registration process for the upcoming convocation ceremony:
Step 1: Check your name in the list of graduating students under your relevant batch list on the website.
Step 2: Identify two persons likely to accompany you to the convocation ceremony as your guest. Keep their scanned CNIC copies and particulars handy; these will be needed for your online registration.
Step 3: Click the 'online registration link' and fill up the required information. Once the registration application is successfully submitted, you will receive an email confirmation for your convocation and allotted a candidate number. Please retain a copy of this email as it will serve as your 'entry pass and gown issue slip' on the 'rehearsal day'.
Step 4: Set reminders for the convocation and rehearsal date and time.
Step 5: If the 'online registration link' does not process your request, please contact the convocation manager at the main campus – (UAN: 111-422-422 Ext. 2222) – who will guide you on how to proceed. Please note that those students who have dues outstanding against their names, or any other observation, will be identified through the APPLY NOW tab.
Step 6: If you are unable to register due to outstanding dues/observations, please clear these dues. You will be able to complete the registration process 24 hours after you clear the concerned dues/observation.
Step 7: Attend the rehearsal session on the appointed date and time. Get your convocation registration confirmation email stamped at the rehearsal venue entrance.
Step 8: Upon completion of the rehearsal, receive from the Convocation Gown Counter:
a. Convocation Day Admit Card.
b. Convocation Gown.
c. Head Gear.
d. Invitation Cards for your guests.
The Academic Regalia (Gown, Headgear & Hood) shall be issued on cash payment of a Rs. 2000 – Rent: Rs.500 and Refundable Deposit: Rs.1500. Calculate the travel time to the convocation venue on the final day to avoid any last-minute hassles.
Step 9: Arrive at the convocation venue (Abdul Razzak Tabba Academic Block) at least one hour before the appointed time and proceed to the designated robing room to put on your academic regalia (gown, hood and head gear).
Dress Code: Wearing the academic regalia is compulsory for all graduates attending the convocation ceremony. Those graduates will not be allowed to attend the convocation who are not appropriately dressed for the occasion.
- All graduates should follow the following dress code:
- For gentlemen: long-sleeve shirt with collar, tie and dark-colored long pants with dress shoes.
- For ladies: long-sleeve shirt or blouse with collar, dark-colored long pants/shalwar with court shoes.
- No casual pants/jeans, t-shirts, polo shirts, shorts.
- No slippers, sneakers, canvas shoes, sports shoes, sandals.
- We strongly encourage you to iron your regalia for a smart and presentable look.
- Note: The academic regalia looks good with a white shirt/blouse.
- Return of Academic Regalia: It is recommended that the academia regalia be returned to the gown vendor after the ceremony or latest by Thursday, December 12, 2019 after which refund of the deposit will not be possible.
- Graduates' guests: During the online registration, each graduate may invite a maximum of two guests. Names and particulars of these guests will be forwarded to the special branch for security clearance. On the day of the convocation, it is mandatory that these guests carry the original copy of their respective CNICs. Any exchanging guest invitation cards with those whose names were not provided at the time of online registration will not be possible.
Registration for extra passes
- Extra passes of convocation are available on payment of Rs. 5000/- per person (a maximum of ONE extra guest will be allowed to every graduate). Graduates are required to submit the payment in the IBA Account and attach the bank receipt along with the online registration form. The last date of Registration will be Monday November 11, 2019.
- Photography: To avoid overcrowding and disruption of the ceremonial proceedings, guests are not allowed to step forward to take photographs of graduates during the convocation. An official photographer has been engaged for the purpose. A photo studio will also be set up for family/individual photographs if required.
- Parking: The following arrangements will be in place:
- A. On the day of the rehearsal, the vehicles of all graduates will be allowed to park inside the main campus. Entry will be through the Maskan gate and Gate 4 of the main campus.
- (1). On the convocation day self-driven vehicles of graduates are to be parked outside the campus in a marked parking area opposite Gate 2.
- (2). Abovementioned procedure (1) will be followed for vehicles of invitees too.
B. On the convocation day the following arrangements will be in effect: